You’re probably thinking how is this Eggless French Toast possible?! Well it is! I woke up this past Sunday morning with a sudden craving for french toast. I’m usually more of a home fries, cheesy-omlette type of person, but I can use a little bit of sweet-stickyness from time to time! So I decided why not make french toast, but healthier, crunchier and eggless?
Wait, I completely forgot to mention- my brand new Le Cresuet grill pan. Amazing!!! It made my french toast crispy, golden and cooked to perfection! I think I’m obsessed with my new pan .
Crunchy Eggless French Toast:
- 6-8 slices of hearty white, wheat or anything you like (I used Pepperidge Farm Country White Bread)
- 2 cup oats (I used Quaker Oats Brand)
- 1 1/2 cups light/dark brown sugar (I used Domino Brand)
- 1-2 cups fat-free Half&Half (I used Land-O-Lakes Brand)
- 1/2-1 cup milk (I used Skim Plus or Soy Milk)
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1-2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- maple syrup- for serving
- powdered sugar- garnishing
- whip cream- garnishing/optional
- PAM Butter Flavor
Tools: Griddle Pan
1. In a shallow bowl/plate add milk and half&half and whisk in nutmeg and cinnamon. In another plate combine brown sugar and oats, and mix well making sure to break up the sugar.
2. Heat the grill pan on high to medium heat and spray with PAM Butter Flavor. Dip the bread into the milk mixture for 1 second- do it really quickly making sure not to completely soak the bread. You just want it to be moistened for the crunchy oats to stick, and the cinnamon and nutmeg to seep in. Then coat with the oats-sugar mixture, pressing in making sure its thouroughly covered.
3. Place on the hot griddle pan and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden and crispy.
Try to flip only 1-2 times max. Remove and cut in fourths. Top with maple syrup and a generous amount of powdered sugar. Serve with whipcream and fresh berries. Dig in. MMM.
Serves about 4
Like Breakfast? Try These Scrumptious Dishes!
- Reader’s Question: Eggless Overnight French Toast Casserole (frugalupstate.com)
- Giveaway: National Toast Day (christiescorner.com)
- A Reader Recipe: Baked Coconut French Toast (fitsugar.com)
- Try French Toast Baked or Stuffed (blogher.com)
- Impromptu: Eggless Pancakes. (katefromscratch.wordpress.com)
- My own take on French Toast (bodgethexplorer.wordpress.com)
- Doughnut Style French Toast (thescenefromme.com)
- Morning Links: Gluten-Free Coconut French Toast Recipe (blisstree.com)
- French Toast Strips (frugalrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Orange, Honey, Ginger Baked French Toast (katefromscratch.wordpress.com)