Classic Bacon Cheeseburger
6 slices bacon
2 pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
Freshly ground black pepper
6 thin slices extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
6 hamburger buns
6 crisp lettuce leaves
6 slices ripe tomato
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove the bacon and set aside on paper towels to drain. Remove the pan from the heat.
Gently shape the ground chuck into six burgers of equal size and thickness (about 3/4 inch thick). Season both sides of the burgers with salt and pepper.
Grill over Direct Medium heat until the internal temperature reaches 160°F for medium, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Top each burger with a slice of the cheese during the last minute or two of grilling time and allow the cheese to melt. During the last 30 seconds, grill the buns over Direct Medium heat until lightly toasted.
Serve the cheeseburgers hot on the toasted buns with a lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato, topped with a slice of the bacon. Serve with ketchup and mustard on the side, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
- imabonehead: Bacon Cheeseburger Rice ” First Look, Then Cook (firstlookthencook.wordpress.com)
- Milwaukee: Major Good Burgers at Major Goolsby’s (aht.seriouseats.com)
- Chain Reaction: Cracker Barrel (aht.seriouseats.com)
- Dear AHT: In London Head to #Meateasy, The Meatwagon’s Pop-Up Burger Joint (aht.seriouseats.com)
- Percentages of Fast Food Burger Chain Menus That Feature Bacon (aht.seriouseats.com)
- kinda-pretty-amazing Bacon Cheese Jalapeno Burgers (trinity22ate.wordpress.com)
- Milwaukee: Gilles is a Neighborhood Favorite for 73 Years and Counting (aht.seriouseats.com)
- Donut Cheeseburgers? (demicast.wordpress.com)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Deluxe Recipe BBQ Pit Boys Style (thecookingchannel.wordpress.com)
- Sampling Florida State Fair fare: Be careful – St. Petersburg Times (faircarnivals.com)