Honey & Mustard Rib of Beef
Place the meat on the grill and cook for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together the Mustard Seeds, Dijon mustard and honey. Season well. Remove the joint from the grill and spread half the mustard mixture over the meat.
Cook the meat uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove the joint from the grill and spoon over the remaining mustard mixture and baste with the cooking juices. Cook for a further 15 – 30 minutes.
For rare beef, reduce this cooking time to 45 minutes. For medium cooked beef, cook for 1 hour. For well done beef, increase the cooking time to 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove the cooked joint from the grill and cover with foil and a clean cloth and leave to stand for 15 minutes before carving. Make up the Gravy Mix following packet instructions and serve with the beef.
Makes 4 servings.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Mustard mashed potatoes (inpursuitoffood.wordpress.com)
- Phew! It’s been a busy week (eatdrinkloveandexercise.com)
- Kitchen Counselor: Mustard seeds release heat only after crushed, mixed with water (pbpulse.com)
- Recipe: Halibut With Garlic Mayonnaise-Parmesan Topping (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Slow Braise Thin Rib of Beef (jamesbonfieldrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Sweet and Saucy! (kristinefitness.com)
- Cross beef stroganoff with beef stew to create low-fat tenderloin recipe (pbpulse.com)
- La Moutarde de Dijon (daysontheclaise.blogspot.com)
- Honey-Garlic Brined Pork Roast (onceuponthekitchencounter.wordpress.com)