Want chocolate? Want dessert? Want something that doesn’t require baking or cooking? This is THE dessert for you! Well, you can categorize it as candy too, but I prefer calling it dessert. Just a tiny piece of this chocolatey and minty peppermint bark will satisfy your sweet tooth and after dinner dessert craving! It’s “pearly” because I decorate it with pastel green sugar pearls– festive and delicious!
Pearly Peppermint Bark:
- 2 bars bittersweet chocolate (I use Ghiradelli 70% cacao)
- 1 bar white chocolate (I use Ghiradelli)
- 1-2 tbsp peppermint extract
- green sugar pearls- for decorating
1. In a microwave-safe bowl break up dark chocolate bar and microwave for 35 seconds. Remove and stir with a spatula and microwave for another 35 seconds. By this time the chocolate should be melted, if there are unmelted chunks, just stir until everything is melted. Set aside for about 1-2 minutes until room temperature. Stir in 1- 2 tbsp of peppermint extract.
2. Repeat process for white chocolate and stir in extract. Set aside to cool until room temperature.
3. On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, pour dark chocolate and spread evenly, but don’t make it too thin. Pour white chocolate on top and using a toothpick or a wooden skewer, swirl into dark chocolate. Top with sugar pearls. Set aside to cool (uncovered or covered is fine).
4. Break the chocolate into chunks and eat!
Like Chocolate? Like Dessert?
- Easy-Peasy Peppermint Bark (runwithneedles.wordpress.com)
- Mix It Up – Peppermint Patties (ourcontentnest.wordpress.com)
- ADVENTURES IN DOMESTICITY: Chocolate Peppermint Pattie Sorbet (bsideblog.com)
- Dog Gone Good Chocolate (colescornerblog.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows (shoeshirtsandothersht.com)
- Chocolate Cookie Bark (paneful.wordpress.com)
- Do You Know Your Holiday Sweets? (fitsugar.com)
- Calories in Drinks from Starbucks (brighthub.com)
- Dark and White Chocolate Cherry Bars Recipe (thecookingchannel.wordpress.com)
- Chef Meg’s Angelic Peppermint Towers (notecook.com)