What do you do when (a) it’s your free day, (b) there’s plenty of bananas in the kitchen, (c) and there’s that cool jar of peanut butter sitting in the pantry, screaming out “try me!” ? Bake these muffins of course. Yeah I know, it’s like four weeks or so to the end of the semester, and I have like a pile of readings and assignments to do. I need a break, yes? HEH HEH. These muffins were totally worth the mini break!
Crunchy muffin top, yet soft, fluffy and moist on the inside. Even if you’re not a peanut butter fan, you’ll still love these. I’d know because I’m not a big fan of peanut butter unless it comes in the form of reese peanut butter cups. This recipe’s definitely a keeper for me. Trust me, make these muffins. (:
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 large, ripe bananas, mashed (makes about 1 1/4 cups of mashed bananas)
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp canola oil (I used normal vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F/167 C.
- In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Add sugar, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Combine, and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, milk, peanut butter, egg, oil, and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add dry mixture into the wet mixture. Mix enough just to combine. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cases, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Oh in case you were wondering, this is the jar of peanut butter that left me intrigued. It’s my dad’s favourite brand of peanut butter.
- Banana-free smoothie? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Peanut Butter Lover’s Day…. (rollinoatstampa.com)
- Maaaaaaarvelous muffins! (vegottawa.wordpress.com)
- A small pause to honor peanut butter (libgyrl.blogspot.com)
- Banana Chocolate Crumb Muffins (indeeskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Cream-Pie (chefgullywhumper.wordpress.com)
- Betty’s Frozen Chocolate-Dipped Bananas Recipe (thecookingchannel.wordpress.com)
- Banananutty Muffins (agirlandhercarrot.wordpress.com)
- Giant Peanut Butter Cups (quartercupkitchen.wordpress.com)
- I gave in…Chocolate & Chips (eatthewholeegg.com)