I love veggie chili from scratch and I make it often. It’s one of my few “savory” meals I can make without staring at a recipe, which means it’s always different, but always spicy and hearty.
But sometimes, my friends, I cheat a little and make it “the easy way”.
- Box of Fantastic World Foods Vegetarian Chili (which is basically a pouch of seasoning and freeze-dried soy crumbles)
- Bag of frozen diced onion
- Bag of frozen red and green peppers strips
- Can of black beans, drained
- Can of kidney beans, drained
- “Big can” of diced tomatoes
- Sea salt, cumin, chili powder to taste
Oh yeah, and a generous sprinkle of grated Kerrygold cheddar.
Heat up the chili first, then spoon it into the oven-proof bowl and add some delicious cheese.
Drape the crescent dough over the top, pinch to seal, and bake at 375 degrees for 15 or so minutes.
Then eat! It feels so much fancier this way but still tastes great and warms you right up.
- Three-Bean Veggie Chili (nancycreative.wordpress.com)
- Turkey Chili (predatorfitnessbootcamp.wordpress.com)
- Cooking up Cozyness (and Pot Pies) with Small Comfort (chicagoist.com)
- Chili! Chili! Chili! (foodutopia.wordpress.com)
- Cloudy & Chili (freestylefashion.info)
- Personal Pot Pie (cookingwithcaleb.wordpress.com)
- A chili three-way for your Super Bowl gathering (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- basic chili (cathweber.blogspot.com)
- International Boston Seafood Show: Food of Interest (passionatefoodie.blogspot.com)
- Chicken Chili (bigapplebitesny.wordpress.com)