This recipe is incredible easy, sweet and tasty. It should be served alongside some ice cream (perhaps Peppermint Ice Cream). It is adapted from Ina Garten’s with a couple tweaks. I wonder how many Ina recipes I can actually post on this blog. I am also surprised by all of the sweet recipes we have seeing as most of us are all about the savory. –ts
2 sticks unsalted butter, plus extra for buttering the dish
4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup good cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Pinch of salt
Ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly butter a 2-quart (9 by 12 by 2-inch) oval baking dish. Melt the 1/2 pound of butter and set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed for 5 to 10 minutes, until very thick and light yellow. Meanwhile, sift the cocoa powder, salt and flour together and set aside.
- When the egg and sugar mixture is ready, reduce the speed to low and add the vanilla and the dry sifted ingredients. Mix only until combined. With mixer still on low, slowly pour in the cooled butter and mix again just until combined. Lightly mix in chocolate chips until combined.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared dish and bake for about 30-40 minutes. Center will appear very under-baked, and the top will be toasted; this dessert is between a brownie and a pudding.
- Allow to cool and serve with ice cream
- Fun Friday Treat! (alternativetastes.com)
- Man-Catcher Brownies – Adapted (emeraldowl.wordpress.com)
- Ina’s Brownies (madefromscratchinbk.wordpress.com)
- Thomas Keller’s Bite Sized Brownies (dailyfoodgasm.com)
- Perfect Brownie Quest – Lunch Box Brownies (swampofboredom.com)
- Gluten-free goodness: A Palm Beach Gardens pastry chef finds her niche in wheat-free confections (pbpulse.com)
- Derrick: Simple Peanut Butter Brownies With Chocolate Chunks (yumsugar.com)
- ADVENTURES IN DOMESTICITY: Chocolate Peppermint Pattie Sorbet (bsideblog.com)
- Cocoa Brownies with chocolate chunks (babyhedgehogs.wordpress.com)