- Your favourite cheese cutted in bites (I suggest a hard cheese and seasoned), quantity in base of hungry of your friends!
- Crush the hazelnuts, but not too much finely.
- Put a little bit of sugar in a small saucepan on fire (little fire), do not mix, otherwise the sugar crystallizes.
- Wait until the sugar melts and becomes honey-colored;
- Add a little bit of sugar and repeat, until all the sugar is melted.
- Add hazelnut to the caramel and stir very quickly, keeping the sauepan on the fire;
- Pour the caramel on a large baking paper sheet and cover it with a second sheet
- With a rolling pin, flatten caramel with hazelnuts, passing over the paper (the thickness should be about 0,5 cm)
- Remove the top sheet of paper and let cool completely.
- When cool, give square shape to base of caramel and hazelnut, cutting with a hot knife.
- Take the caramel and put on a serving dish.
- Put the cheese on the caramel base and serve with toothpicks.
- After eating the cheese, your friends, break the caramel to taste it … you can let the guest of honor to break the caramel!
- This is a very simple recipe, which is dedicated to conviviality, ideal for a cold winter evening.
- Serve the CARAMCHEESE, first of the dessert…to create a continuity with the salted food and like opening to dessert with sweetness of caramel…
Recipe posted by Slelly
- Betty’s Elegant Caramel Custard Recipe (thecookingchannel.wordpress.com)
- Caramel Sauce Revisited (sunnysideellen.wordpress.com)
- Goat Cheese and Caramelized Shallot Crostini (casacheesewine.com)
- Passion Fruit Cream Caramel – a unique take on caramels (anzzcafe.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Caramels (foodadvocate.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Beer Cupcakes with Irish Whiskey Buttercream (callmechef.wordpress.com)
- C-C-Caramel Frosting (kuppykakes.wordpress.com)
- Peanut-Butter-Chocolate-Chip- Sea-Salt- Caramel wrapped Fudge Brownies (katefromscratch.wordpress.com)
- Caramel Popcorn (lifessweetdelights.wordpress.com)