This has many strings to its bow: it serves as a vegetarian alternative to the Christmas turkey; it gussies up a plate of cold leftover turkey; it adds the right balance of mellow warmth and tang to any plain wintry dish; it is a good whole meal on days when you just feel fleshed-out.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7.
- Halve the squash, leaving the skin on, and scoop out the seeds, then cut into 2.5cm cubes; you don’t need to be precise, just keep the pieces uniformly small.
- Put the squash into a roasting tin with the oil. Strip the leaves from 4 stalks of thyme, and sprinkle over the butternut squash. (If you can’t get fresh thyme, use dried.) Roast in the oven for about 30-45 minutes or until tender.
- Once out of the oven, remove the squash to a bowl and scatter the pecans and crumble the cheese over it, then toss everything together gently.
- Check seasoning and add the last of the thyme, torn into small sprigs to decorate.
Recipe posted by Nigella
- Aromatic Beef Stew with Butternut Squash – CEiMB (comfycook.wordpress.com)
- Recipe Time: Wild Rice With Apples And Butternut Squash. (veggiefitness.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (theitalianfork.com)
- Couscous with Almonds, Dried Cherries, Goat Cheese & Roasted Butternut Squash (missalaneyus.wordpress.com)
- Dinner Blog: Scallops with Butternut Squash (cafewitteveen.wordpress.com)
- Butternut Squash and Chickpea Stew with Couscous (momanddaughtersspiritualjourney.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Butternut Squash (missalaneyus.wordpress.com)
- Best Place to Get Purple Potatoes and Pecan Pesto on Your Pizza (charlestoncitypaper.com)
- Crespelle with butternut squash (independent.co.uk)