- 3 fried onions, ground to a paste
- handful coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 300 gms yogurt
- 1 tsp red chilli pd
- 1 tsp turmeric pd
- salt to tast
- 1 tsp clarified butter
- 1 bayleaf
- 2 cloves
- 3 black cardamom
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 10-15 mint leaves
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 green cardamom
- 1 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 1 bayleaf
- 3 cloves
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander pd
- 2 pinches nutmeg pd
- 2 pinches mace pd
- 1/2 tsp cardamom pd
- 2 handfuls fresh mint
- Marinate mutton overnight or at least 3 hrs.
- Parboil rice with all the ingredients.
- Mix the butter and cream and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Soak the saffron in the butter-cream mix.
- Heat ghee/oil in a cooker, and sizzle all the whole spices mentioned in the mutton ingredient list.
- Add ginger garlic paste and coriander powder and fry a while.
- Add the mutton, with 1/2 cup water and pressure cook till nearly done.
- Remove whole spices.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook till done.
- Reserve a cupful of the gravy.
- in a heavy bottomed pan, layer the mutton, then rice, and then the saffron cream mix.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle the top of the rice with slivers of fried almonds and burnt onions.
- Put a lid on the pan and seal the edges with a thick flour dough.
- Cook on low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm with the reserved gravy (called qorma) and curd raita.
Recipe posted by sweetjaw on nigella.com
- How about Hyderabadi Biryani for lunch today? (tgcblogs.wordpress.com)
- Stew (mlvla65.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Dum Biryani (anushabarrela.wordpress.com)
- lamb biryani (asprinkleofsaffron.wordpress.com)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani – Chettinad style (anzzcafe.wordpress.com)
- chicken biryani 1 (edenonearth.wordpress.com)
- Our attempt at Hyderabadi Biryani (with Goat) (portlantapalate.wordpress.com)
- Palak Mutton Curry (simplerecipies.wordpress.com)
- Luke’s Curry Chicken and Flavoured Basmati Rice (gentlemangourmet.com)
- Spicy Mutton Curry (notecook.com)
- Lagan Ka Titar recipe (telegraph.co.uk)
- Cooking Indian in Indonesia – Mutton Moria Recipe (rosemariejohn.com)
- Chicken Korma (Chicken Braised in Creamy, Cashew Nut Sauce) (spicydelight.wordpress.com)
- imabonehead: Chickpea Curry on Coconut Basmati Rice | WordFlux (wordflux.wordpress.com)
- Around the world in 80 dishes No. 45: Mutton and swede pie (independent.co.uk)
- Mutton Chops may be out, but Mutton Stew is so in (foodstaycation.com)
- An Intimate Persian Feast (online.wsj.com)
- Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Cream-Pie (chefgullywhumper.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Rice with Chicken, Saffron and Almonds (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Our first guest post and a navratri recipe (eatanddust.wordpress.com)